Monday, March 21, 2011

mmmmm Chillliiiii

Made some Chili!  Anyways, it's been a busy couple of weeks, but I'm finally back at last!
I have class soon, so this will be a brief post.

If anyone is interested in making chili, here is a recipe I love:
1) get some meat, brown it in olive oil and cayenne
2) 3 cans of diced tomatoes (chili ready)
3) 3 cans of corn
4)3 cans of chili beans
5)1 can of kidney beans
6) add some salt, parsley flakes, and tarragon leaves to taste
7)1/4 a cup of chili powder
8) 1 large jalapeno, 2 habaneros, and 2 serrano chilis.

Basically just bring it to a slow boil, simmer it for as many hours as you want.  The great thing about chili is that you really can't mess it up.  I really prefer using a lean cut, like roast or stew cubes...it will become tender by the end of the process.  Chili keeps great as well, it's easy to make, and you can freeze it.  In actuality, I ALWAYS find chili to taste better after you freeze it then thaw it.  Don't ask me why.

Maybe the ice crystals puncture the cells and let the flavor really flow.  Idunno.  It tastes good.

Cheers!!!  I hope I didn't lose any of my faithful readers by being gone for so long :(

1 comment: